Membership in NCL, Inc., is a six-year journey that encourages members to engage in experiences that build essential skills. Our chapter’s Six-Year Core Program is designed to further the NCL, Inc., mission through community service, leadership development and cultural experiences to ensure maximum personal growth.
Hills of Austin Chapter’s program contains focus components for community service and leadership development that include these areas:
- 7th Grade – Community service focus on homelessness, poverty and hunger; leadership development of organization and time management skills.
- 8th Grade – Community service focus on the military and the disabled; leadership development of team building, listening, and conflict resolution skills.
- 9th Grade – Community service focus on health and our environment; leadership development of goal setting, budgeting and timeline tool skills.
- 10th Grade – Community service focus on children and education; leadership development of delegation and motivation skills.
- 11th Grade – Community service focus on the elderly and animals; leadership development of public speaking and presentation skills.
- 12th Grade – Senior Ticktocker classes are allowed to choose their community service focus area. Leadership development focuses on healthy relationships and self esteem.